This multi-faculty College was started as a private institution in 1976 but in the same year it was provincialised. Since then it has never looked back. It is located on the foothills of Shivalik hills on the gateway of the Garhwal and Kumaon Divisions. It is situated on the right bank of the roaring Kosi river on Ramnagar- Nainital Road with an area of 14.50 Acer.Since its inception it has emerged as an important center of Higher education. It is a Co-educational institution having Arts, Science and Commerce faculty as well as several career oriented courses. Gradually it has been upgraded as Post Graduate College. It is imparting PG in almost all disciplines of Arts, Science and Commerce. It is affiliated to the Kumaon University, Nainital.
Ours is an institution that was included in Section 2f 12 (B) of the University Grants Commission in 1989. It was accredited for third cycle by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
Ramnagar:Ramnagar town was established and settled by Commissioner H. Ramsay in 1856-1884. During the British Rule tea gardens were developed in Ramnagar and nearby villages in Uttarakhand. Ramnagar is situated in the rich farm belt of Terai, on the southeastern fringes of the great forests. The busy market town of Ramnagar is the main administrative centre for Corbett National Park and Project Tiger. Ramnagar is connected with motorable roads as well as railway networks. One can do fishing in the Kosi River or do jungle safari in Corbett national park. Ramnagar is also famous for Litchi farming Litchi of Ramnagar is Exported to many countries. The ancient name of the place was Ahichhatra the capital of Northern Panchala of Mahabharata times. But these tea gardens have been closed since a long time.